Tools and accessories
Through hands-on experience, Resonic has become an expert in curating, designing, and optimizing helpful tools and accessories that increase the efficiency of measurements.
Transport and storage ofmachines
- All Resonic machines have crane interfaces (except for small Resonic K machines, which can be easily lifted by hand).
- Optionally, the machines can be equipped with extendable wheels so they can be moved without any additional tools.
- Optionally, Resonic can provide a flight case or transport box that makes it possible to move the machine between facilities (e.g., by truck) or to safely move the machine into storage (e.g., with a forklift).
- Optionally, the machines can be equipped with rigid covers to protect the machine when it is not being used.
Storage of tools and accessories
Resonic systems include all the necessary tools and accessories for operation of the machine, including tools to adjust the machine’s feet, crane interfaces, transport locking components, scales, exchangeable springs, and spare air filters. The accessories are usually organized in boxes with machined foam inserts. There are several options for storing the boxes, including the following:
- A tool cart with drawers for the boxes that also functions as a standing desk for the machine operation.
- Less commonly, a cart for a K system that, in addition to drawers for the boxes, contains the compressor and all the air preparation components. The top surface of the cart is a rigid steel plate on which a 3D measurement arm and the carrier platform holding the test object can be fixed with magnets during coordinate transformation measurement.
- A pallet that is compatible with the box sizes and easy to move to a storage rack via forklift. Small K and T machines can be stored on the same pallet.
Resonic can provide or recommend various solutions for lifting and positioning the test object, such as the following:
- Crane interfaces that make it possible to adjust the test object’s orientation on all three axes (e.g., in order to achieve a horizontal position), which almost always makes it easier to install the fixture components.
- A crane interface for passenger cars.
- Mobile workshop cranes of various sizes.
- A fast and simple method for positioning the crane hook in such a way that the test object is centered relative to the measurement platform, even if the location is unknown.
Please contact us for further details.
Air bearing supply
Except for Resonic S, all Resonic machines use air bearing technology. Our systems always include the components necessary for operating the air bearings: filters, dryers, pressure regulators, valves, and tubes. In some cases, these components are integrated into the machine, and in other cases, they are contained in external units.
The air preparation units are compatible with almost any modern factory air grid. If no factory air is available, oil-free compressors can be used. Resonic can supply a suitable, very quiet compressor upon request.
If necessary, Resonic can supply various weighing solutions for determining the mass of the test object and fixture components. Resonic’s preferred solution consists of a conventional platform scale or crane scale, a set of calibration weights, a USB interface (which is compatible with multiple scales), and Resonic’s own weighing software. This solution has several advantages:
- The possibility to frequently calibrate the scales on site guarantees maximum accuracy.
- The Resonic software processes the calibration data, displays the linearity in order to identify problems or mistakes, and applies the calibration results to the subsequent weight measurements.
- The Resonic software saves the weight values in a file, thereby avoiding the human errors which occur when copying the values from a digital display.
- The Resonic software saves the weight values together with the associated calibration data, thereby making the weighing result traceable.
- The Resonic software avoids the waste of resolution that occurs when a digital scale cuts off the last digits until it is possible to display a stable value.